SOME OF THE THINGS I LIKE

SOME OF THE THINGS I LIKE
part three

Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars
summer rain
the rosy, warm colors of the desert
california poppies
Rose in bonnets
Bruce's cowboy hat, the one that used to be my baby brothers cowboy hat
the warmth of the sun
watching Nate and Bruce play
seeing my husband happy
my ever growing stack of library books
the curl that is currently hanging down across the middle of Bruce's forehead
seeing the moon through my bedroom window
swimming in the ocean in August
Rose's makeshift crawl
the way Bruce sing-songs his conversations
unexpected hugs from Bruce
nap time
Roses scrunchy, happy face
wearing flannel shirts in the morning
burying my toes in the sand
Bruce's squeaky voice
and broken sentences
granola with fresh berries for breakfast
chunky baby thighs
gummy baby smiles
reading beside a campfire
when Bruce says "nigh-night mister sun!"
the smell of sunscreen
a good night's sleep
freshly squeezed orange juice
watching the sunset
muddy toes
mealtimes on the back patio
creating a home

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! So precious! Every word! I love everything about you and all of this! Such joy! I feel! Thank you for pointing out how precious life's sweet moments are! You are LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts