monthly captures || June 2014


Oh June, in recent years you've become a bit of a melancholy month.  You are filled with many memories, both good and bad.  And while we try to focus on the happy times, we can't help but remember the sadness as well.  

The 28th of June is the day that my little brother, Samuel, passed away suddenly, only a week after his 16th birthday.  It shook my family pretty hard and I was devastated for a long time.  In some moments I still am.  But we've learned to cope pretty well until June comes around.  So often during this time of year I find myself reliving the details of that day.  I was at Disneyland with friends, and I still remember where in the park I was when I received each new bit of information about my brother.  It's strange celebrating his birthday without him.

But, there are also so many happy things to celebrate!  My niece (my first niece) turned 9 this year, my sister has an anniversary, and my sister-in-law has a birthday, and, to top it all off, Nate and I celebrated our first anniversary!  We had a great time, returning to Mammoth Lakes, CA, where we honeymooned.  We went on walks through the meadow behind our condo, and hikes through forests of trees in the mountains.  We even went on a mini road-trip into Yosemite!  The beauty of that place is incredible!

I hope you enjoy these few pictures of our adventures.  I'm sorry for the radio silence that has been going on over here -- there has been a lot going on in my life and, unfortunately, this blog has slipped through the cracks.  I plan on fixing that shortly :]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 






Fun fact! This is the tree under which Nathan proposed to me^^






 (locations: St. Francis Episcopal Church & Flat Rock Point in Palos Verdes, Little Jimmy trail in Angeles National Forest, Mammoth Lakes, Lembert Dome & Vernal Falls in Yosemite, & Twin Lakes also in Mammoth) 

Comments

Popular Posts