Our Easter



I hope everyone had a great Easter!  I love Easter, and I love the days leading up to it.  I love the pastel colors, I love dying eggs, I love hunting for eggs, I love being with family, and I love my Savior.  I love this time of year when everyone is united in rejoicing in our salvation and eternal life through the atonement and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Nathan and I spent Friday and Saturday night at his parents house in Santa Clarita, and Nate spent Saturday morning helping around the yard by cutting down one of their trees for his dad.  It's been almost a year since Kevin, my father-in-law, was diagnosed with cancer, and in recent months he has not been doing very well.  He developed an infection that damaged his nerves and caused him to lose  most of the feeling in his arms and legs.  For a while, he could only walk and stand while using a walker, but the infection his being treated and he is now able to walk on his own.

I view it as a blessing that Nate and I live near enough to home that if his parents ever need us for anything we can drive there so easily.  It makes Nate feel good that he can help when needed.

When we moved here to Torrance I had no idea how much I would miss my family at times.  I've never lived away from home before.  Aside from the month I spent one summer touring Europe, I've never been separated from my family for more than a week.  I've also lived in the same area until this point in my life and been friends with the same people from birth, so it's a little weird not knowing anyone here.  That's why I look forward to weekends like this.  There is such a comfort in coming home.



^^I love relaxing in this gorgeous yard!  It's almost as good as a botanical garden.^^


^^our new baby cactus, and the cutest Shadow cat.^^





^^I'm glad that we had time to visit Sam's spot.  I've been thinking about and missing him a lot.  I enjoy sitting next to him, thinking about the plan of salvation, eternal life, and forever families.^^






^^Sunday evening, walking home from the park with my family.  It was a great day.^^

Comments

Popular Posts