"I am grateful for..."


"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you', that would suffice."
Meister Eckhart

In Relief Society, the president gave each of the sisters a "Gratitude Journal" and we were to write five things that we're grateful for in it every day, to go along with the beautiful month on November and the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving.

Here are some of the things I am grateful for...

fresh, juicy peaches.
hot Summer days & cool breezes.
unlimited texting.
tangle-free hair.
fresh, beautiful roses.
writing and receiving letters :]
big, beautiful dogs.
"now hiring" signs in store windows.
boys--or, more appropriately, MEN--that are strong enough to remind me to pray over all things.
friends with whom I can have real and deep conversations with.
the scriptures and the word of God.
people/friends who inspire me to be better than I am.
scripture markers.
the LA Temple and ALL temples.
my "texting buddy" Abbie Mae Bluhm :]
blogs and other places where I can share my thoughts in writing.
backyard patios, picnic tables and, warm Autumn nights.
those 3 trees silhouetted against the sky on the top of Parker Mt.
returned missionaries and those boys preparing to be missionaries.
my Mormon friends.
my job.
cowboy boots & hats.
country music.
my horse, Flash.
radio stations that work & play good music.
my cozy, soft bed.
Chopin (& all piano players/music).
cell phones that work!
my education.
having my own bedroom.
my love of great books.
my religion & my testimony.
high heels & converse.
sleepovers with Robin Decker with unlimited movies!
homemade Pizza.
my adorable nephew, Wyatt.
visits with my sister :]
Sonic's cherry limeade.
chapstick.
mothers.
Disneyland.
flowers, both fresh & dried.
my Daddy.
masquerade balls and masks.
butterflies, dragonflies and, ladybugs.

Costco & Costco samples
<3 br="">stuffed animals.
<3 br="">
novels.
songbirds in the morning.
flannel sheets in the winter.
my brothers (The Boys).
my sisters.
nieces and nephews.
my hair, both straight and wild :]
pumpkins.
crisp apples and mushy bananas.
Thanksgiving and
CHRISTMAS!


I wish you all happiness and a gratitude attitude this holiday season!

SMILE, Jesus loves you!

Love,
Jessica Ruth Lawrence

"There is not a more pleasing exercise of the mind than gratitude. It is accompanied with such an inward satisfaction that the duty is sufficiently rewarded by the performance."


Joseph Addison
<3 br="">

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."


John E. Southard
<3 br="">

"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world."

<3 br="">Terri Guillemets

Comments

Popular Posts