30 weeks


Everyone is so much nicer when you're pregnant! Men open doors for you, smile and wish you luck while women stop you in grocery aisles to chat and offer encouragement. Just this morning while I was taking a walk through my neighbourhood a lady on the other side of the road shouted across to me, "Have a great day and good luck! It's really the most wonderful, most amazing thing, isn't it?" to which I nodded and said thank you in return. I'm not sure whether she meant pregnancy or motherhood, but I would agree with her either way. 

As I've progressed in my pregnancy, the inconveniences have become harder to deal with so it's nice when others (even strangers) acknowledge the work I'm doing. And I just keep on reminding myself of the benefits! A growing belly means a healthy, growing baby, which makes not fitting into any of my pants seem like a pretty trivial complaint and restless nights are completely worth it when I remember how long the journey here has been.

A common question I'm asked by friends is, "What are you craving?" and the answer to that is nothing! Other than that one week in the middle of my second trimester when all I wanted was mac and cheese, I haven't had any odd food preferences. Which, on the one hand, I'm bummed about because I feel like I'm missing out on the entirety of the pregnancy experience. But, on the other hand, I'm grateful because who really wants to eat pickles with ice cream?

I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around the thought that there are only 10 weeks left in this pregnancy. In two months I'm going to have a baby -- a baby! One night last week I was walking back to bed after one of my many nighttime bathroom visits and grumbling to myself about how annoying it was to need to pee every few hours when I heard a voice in my head, which I swear was not my own, say to me "Soon you will have a baby." I translated that to mean something like, "just wait because it won't be getting any easier. So be grateful."

Aaaand I just threw up. So I'm going to end this here and be grateful that that rarely happens now. It was my fault anyway because I know better than to drink any fluids on an empty stomach. Hashtag: pregnancy is weird. 

Comments

  1. Ur so amazing! Hang in there. Can't wait to meet ur little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Wonderful post! Always listen to that voice! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and so sweet how people acknowledge the blessed condition of being "large with child" (no pun intended) and extend a helping hard and/or a word of encouragement! I love that you can enjoy that! God bless you sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts