A Brand New Us

When I started working at Sport Chalet in Santa Clarita I saw a lot of people come shopping while dressed in their work out clothes. Some looked like they might actually be on their way to the gym, one smelling like he had just come from the gym, but most looking polished and primped to perfection. I thought it was just a Sport Chalet thing. It's actually just a Valencia thing. I haven't seen anybody out and about in Torrance wearing tights, a sports bra, and a tank top. Yet.

I used to think of Santa Clarita as being sort of a big city, but in actuality, it's really small. And I'm referring more to the mentality than the size. The people here are a lot less judgmental. There's no drama. They're way more friendly up-front. On my first day at the Torrance store, I'm sure that everybody in the store came up to me, introduced themselves & shook my hand, and asked me a little bit about myself. This is such a big deal to me! My nature is to be very quiet and to avoid being the center of attention, so since we started off on such a great foot my confidence has skyrocketed.

I really feel like Nate and I made the right decision in moving here. We've been so blessed... 

I became full time at Sport Chalet and will be getting benefits soon. My managers really seem to value me. They notice the skills I have and point them out to me. They trust me and it has boosted the enjoyment of my work from a 2 to a 9 1/2, and because of that my performance has gotten better, so we're all benefitting :]

Nate is having a great time at his new job also. His boss LOVES him, and that's not an exaggeration. Everyday Nate comes home and tells me stories about his day. Stories about projects he gets to work on, and the customers he was able to help and were sooo happy with him, then there is the occasional grumpy customer, but always stories about his boss being so pleased with him praising him endlessly. I love it. I'm so happy that he's in a place where he's valued for the nice person he is and the wonderful creative talent he has.

We're in a really good place.

 



Comments

Popular Posts